Teen Mother Choices - Empowering Young Families, Inc.
* Are you 13-23?
* Would you like to complete high school, your HSE or go on to college or maybe even work full-time but can't because you can't afford childcare?
Teen Mother Choices assists with the cost of childcare for those parenting moms between the ages of 13 and 23 who are parenting. Each week, participants meet at the Brookville Library for LifeSkills Workshop. We begin with a home-cooked meal. Local professionals teach on various subjects such as budgeting, life insurance, taking care of yourself after childbirth, child development and many, many other subjects. Each participant has their own mentor who helps them with goal setting, budgeting and any questions that they may have concerning raising their child(ren). Each week, you would receive diapers, wipes and a check to your childcare provider that you attain.
Each young mom goes through an application process and commit to:
- Attending weekly Lifeskills Workshops™ tailored to the five roles of a teen mother. Workshops are based on Biblical principles including parenting skills, financial management, monthly budgeting, educational guidance, job skills, healthy relationships and more.
- Setting individual goals that will propel her towards success and independence.
- Developing a relationship with their mentor who comes alongside to offer guidance and support
- Delaying further pregnancies while they are in the program (an average of three-years)
- Committing to work and/or go to school full-time
Contact Lyn either by email email@example.com
or call/text 513-476-2863